Saturday 9 August 2014

COLLECTIVE | 205

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend Collective | 205 in Shoreditch's very own Blackall Studios. 

Collective | 205 is an exhibition of Fashion Contour and Active Sportswear collections from the 2014 London College of Fashion graduates. I left the exhibition feeling really excited and impressed by the high standard of the collections I had the pleasure of leisurely browsing. 

The Tallulah girl within me picked out two collections as my favourite. With so much beautiful detail to take in, today I'm going to share the first of my favourite designers and tomorrow I will release the second.. 

The first is Bronte Phelps, graduate in BA (Hons) Fashion Contour with The Petworth Collection. 



The Petworth Collection, Look 3 by Bronte Phelps | http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/brontephelps


The Petworth Collection, Back of Look 3 by Bronte Phelps | http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/brontephelps

The Petworth Collection, Look 2 by Bronte Phelps | http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/brontephelps

The Petworth Collection, Look 1 by Bronte Phelps | http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/brontephelps

The Petworth Collection by Bronte Phelps was just dreamy. The structuring was gorgeously executed and the textures and colours matched together was perfect. 

I loved the more conventional looks but I also fell for the slightly more unconventional shapes, for example Look 1 (pictured above). The asymmetric corset with a high wire detail next to dropped cups in the centre was a personal favourite. 

The Petworth Collection's Key Design Features 

The Petworth Collection Range Plan 

Bronte's collection is targeted at the luxury consumer, much like Tallulah. 
It's probable this is one of the reasons I was drawn to it like a luxurious moth to a sexy leather, silk and print encompassing flame.. 

The aesthetics presented were classic and feminine, what won me over was the fine attention to detail and angles she had created on the female body. I'm a sucker for a striking twist on a classic.. 



I'll let that sink in until tomorrow when I'll bring you another of my dreamy favourites! 



Image Credits 
'The Petworth Collection'
- Photographer | Thang Le
- MUA | Katy Nannestad
- Model | Lydia Beesley @ Storm Models
- Print collaboration | Sara Feesey





No comments:

Post a Comment